Question about my rights as a home-buyer in a short sale contract in…

Tips and Deals Forums Buying Your Home Question about my rights as a home-buyer in a short sale contract in…

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Anonymous 7 years, 7 months ago.

• Author

Anonymous

…regards to the seller’s lender? Here’s the situation. The seller’s lender is Bank of America. The seller accepted my offer and when my offer was submitted to BOA, I was told by the selling agent that there was a tax lien on the house, but that that would be taken care of by the seller. Since then, I went through negotiations with BOA and came to an agreement on a price. Now, 2 weeks from closing, I have been told that BOA has pulled the house off the market because of the tax lien. How can they do that when it was a known fact that there was a tax lien on the house before I even started negotiating with BOA. BOA shouldn’t have even negotiated with me if they were not going to sell the house due to the tax lien not being paid by the seller yet. What is my right, as the buyer, in this situation?

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register New Account
Reset Password