question about CRA validating debts

Tips and Deals Forums Consumer Credit Improve credit question about CRA validating debts

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      dealpal
      Keymaster

It took me a while but I finally found some information on our old auto loan that was paid and closed 2 years ago.* At first, I called the number on the CR and it didn’t work.* I searched online and called some other numbers with no*luck.* Checked BBB and it stated that it might be out of business because letters sent to the address were returned.
      Finally found out that the company was bought out by Triad and then Triad was bought out by Santander.* I then called Santander who we currently have another auto with and they were able to pull up our old auto loan.* Was kinda hoping that they couldn’t find it.
      Does anybody know who the verification process goes with the CRA?* I guess I’m curious to see if they will search for the info all the way to Santander or does t e-oscar pretty much provide all the info when companies get bought out.
      I’m tip toeing around putting too many disputes on my report but I have a handful of 30 day lates on this auto loan that I wanted to GW.
      Should I just avoid a dispute with the CRA and GW*Santander?* The lady gave me the phone number for their credit disputing department.
      My only fear with GWing Santander is our standing with our current loan with them.* On our CR it’s perfect.* We don’t have a single 30 day late payment.* However, every month we are about a week late because we have to wait for our paycheck to be deposited (once a month) so we always get phone calls from Santander looking for the payment.* Not sure if this will hurt our chances of getting the late payments off our old account GWed off.

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Register New Account
Reset Password