Please review my PFD letter before I send it out

Tips and Deals Forums Consumer Credit Improve credit Please review my PFD letter before I send it out

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  recastwebsbridel 6 years, 6 months ago.

• Author

recastwebsbridel
    Participant

I am looking to Pay for delete my amex account. Figure its not worth saving a few hundred and never being able to have them in the future. here is my letter, let me know if i should make any changes.
    thanks
    To:
    American Express
    PO Box 981537
    El Paso, TX 79998-1537
    Dear Sir or Madam,
    RE: Account Number xxxxxx

This letter is in response to a trade line item noticed on my credit report that was pulled on 4/30/12 for the account referenced above. I would like to pay off or settle this debt in full in the amount of $1,363 and save both of our time and efforts.
    I’d like to clarify that I am not acknowledging or accepting that I owe this debt. *I am aware that your company can report the debt to the credit bureaus as necessary and that you have the ability to change the account status since you are the information provider.*In return for me paying the amount in full, I request that you delete all trade line records of the above referenced account with the credit bureaus (Experian, Equifax, Trans Union).
    I hope you’ll also agree to not discuss this offer with any third party (except the original creditor). If you find my offer acceptable, please send me a letter agreeing to these terms, with a company letterhead signed by your authorized representative, and subject to the laws of my state.
    Under the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, I have the right to dispute this alleged debt. If I do not receive your postmarked response within the next 15 business days, I shall withdraw my offer.
    Please forward your agreement to my address listed above.
    Sincerely,

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register New Account
Reset Password