Orchard Bank MasterCards: Are they really a good thing?

Tips and Deals Forums Consumer Credit Credit Cards Orchard Bank MasterCards: Are they really a good thing?

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

There’s always a catch, a downside, a negative. What’s the deal with these cards?

Anonymous
      Inactive

I have one. I’m a credit counselor and I used myself as a guinea pig on the orchard bank card. I only use about 10% of the limit and pay off the complete balance every month. Not just the min. balance. After about 6 months you can request a limit increase. It’s a really good stepping stone to better credit if it is used properly.

I have it and I like it

They of course have higher rates, but if you need to establish or rebuild credit they are a good starting point. Don’t carry a balance greater than 25% of the limit, pay on time every month and it will help to significantly improve your credit score, provided you continue the same approach to all your debts.

Anonymous
      Inactive

It is a secured credit card that is viewed as a regular credit card on your credit report. it helps build or establish credit. If you are constantly being turned down by credit card companies this is a great way of avoiding all the inquires on your credit report. just simply transfer funds into your credit card account and use like a credit card, u can always increase the limit by adding more money. i currently have one and the only fee i get charged is a $35 annual fee which is great compared to other cards which charge you as much as $200 in fees. The catch i would say is that you would have to deposit the funds yourself inorder to use but if it builds your credit history who cares you’ll benefit from it anyway.

I used Orchard to help rebuild my credit after a bankruptcy. There was no catch, just pay them off before the due date every month and they are fine.

Anonymous
      Inactive

yes, because you may not have a car if in an accident and you may be covered

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Register New Account
Reset Password