My credit score fell 37 points in 2 months, and I did nothing wrong. Help?

Tips and Deals Forums Consumer Credit Improve Credit My credit score fell 37 points in 2 months, and I did nothing wrong. Help?

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Anonymous 8 years, 3 months ago.

• Author

Anonymous

The only thing that I can remember doing “wrong” was, I charged many of my cards almost to their limit, like about $ 100 away from the limit on a few $ 3000 cards, and about $ 13500 on a $ 15,000 card,

however I was planning on paying most of that off this month.

Could that have caused the steep drop? Is that even considered a steep drop?

Also, will paying it all off bounce my credit score way back?

Does applying for new credit cards count as an inquiry? Because I applied for about 7-8 this month, just bc I don’t get accepted much and wanted to try them out,

and last year I applied for the same amount, but I just found out that inquiries stay on your credit report for 24 months so…wow, that’s alot of inquiries.

I’m obviuosly doing alot wrong here. Help.

My score is currently at 647, and it was close to 700 just a few months ago!

It’s dropping like a freefall, and I never missed a payment, and always pay more than minimum!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register New Account
Reset Password