Midland GW Success?

Tips and Deals Forums Consumer Credit Improve credit Midland GW Success?

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      dealpal
      Keymaster

Hello all,
      I’m new to the boards and already I can see that Midland is a huge mountain to climb!*
      They bought my $984 debt for a credit card that was charged off by HSBC in 2009. I’m trying desperately to clean things up by August in the hopes of getting a mortgage. I called Midland yesterday, hoping to try and do a PFD (even though I didn’t think from reading the boards that I’d have much luck!) They told me they couldn’t accept payment at all as it had already gone to Dominion Law (and I called back 3 times and spoke with 3 different Midland reps to make sure they weren’t just stringing me along..) So I called Dominion and, to make a long story short, they refused PFD, I panicked at the thought of waiting months for them to maybe agree, and I paid the amount in full. I’m not sure of the relationship of Dominion to Midland — Dominion isn’t reporting, but Midland (and HSBC as the OC) is. Equifax is also reporting the same HSBC debt from Cavalry, even though it looks like they passed it off to Midland.*
      Any suggestions on what I might be able to do now, or should I accept that I’m out of luck? Should I 1) wait for Dominion to report to Midland to report to the CRAs on their own? 2) Dispute with the CRAs directly saying it should be marked as paid? 3) Write a GW directly to Midland, or Midland plus HSBC plus Cavalry?*
      Does anyone have contact information for trying for a GW from Midland and/or HSBC? And can Cavalry stay on my report too even though it looks like they only had the debt for a month?*
      THANK YOU!!!!!! I am learning so much from you all

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Register New Account
Reset Password