Medical Payed Off Collections – odd dates – how to drop?

Tips and Deals Forums Consumer Credit Improve credit Medical Payed Off Collections – odd dates – how to drop?

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  dealpal 7 years, 6 months ago.

• Author

dealpal
    Keymaster

Hello,
    Has anyone run into this before?* I have a payd off medical collection on my report, but a few things don’t make sense.* Please take a look at the dates I bolded; it looks like I payed it off before it was even sent to collections.* The other problem with this is that I never actually got any mail or calls from the collections agency.* I first saw it on my report and contacted them through the phone that was listed.* I then called the hospital and took care of the bill immediately.
    Also, why does it still say “Open Account” for Account Type when it’s been payed off for a few years?
    How can I get this dropped from my report?* When this first happened, I talked to the collection agency and they just flat out refused to remove it off the report, but this was a few years ago.* Should I contact the credit reporting agency (TU) directly or should I contact the collection agency?* DW letter?* Dispute based on weird dates?
    Any advice is greatly appreciated.
    Thanks!
    Balance: $0
    Original Amount: $347
    Original Creditor: (Medical/Health Care)
    Last Payment: 06/26/2007
    Pay Status: >Account Paid in Full; was a Collection<
    Account Type: Open Account
    Responsibility: Individual Account
    Date Verified: 12/01/2008
    Date Closed: 05/01/2008
    Date Placed for Collection: 02/04/2008
    Date Paid: 06/26/2007
    Loan Type: COLLECTION AGENCY/ATTORNEY
    Remarks: >PAID COLLECTION<
    Estimated month and year that this item will be removed: 05/2014

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register New Account
Reset Password