LVNV – reporting as OC

Tips and Deals Forums Consumer Credit Improve credit LVNV – reporting as OC

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  dealpal 7 years, 5 months ago.

• Author

dealpal
    Keymaster

Anyone who has seen my previous posts knows I”ve been doing battle with these guys for awhile now.
    I DV’d them a few months ago, which resulted in a dispute comment being placed on the account.* I paid them at the beginning of this month – just because we’re applying for a mortgage soon and I didn’t want any outstanding debt on my reports.* After I got my Paid In Full letter, which indicated that my account with them is now paid and closed, I called and asked them to also remove the dispute note.* My score dropped dramatically as soon as the comment was gone.* I know that FICO still scores a collection even if it’s disputed – which means they’re reporting as an OC (or at least not reporting as a CA).* The original OC (Credit One) agreed to delete and they’re already off my report.
    Now, LVNV has reported the account as Paid with a $0 balance – but it’s still listed as an open account, 120 Late on both TU and EQ.* Are they in violation of the FCRA by listing as an open account?
    What should I do?* They’ve been totally unwilling to do a GW delete as well…

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register New Account
Reset Password