Just sent my first GW email to CEO

Tips and Deals Forums Consumer Credit Improve credit Just sent my first GW email to CEO

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  recastwebsbridel 6 years, 5 months ago.

• Author

recastwebsbridel
    Participant

Here is what I sent. What do you think? This is a medical collection.

Dear Mr. XX

I am writing to you today regarding my account listed above.

The purpose of my correspondence is to see if you would be willing to make a “goodwill” adjustment on the reporting of this account to the three credit agencies. During the time period this account was established I was very happy with the level of service I received at XXXX, I was however not the ideal customer and made mistakes with my handling of the account. I should have kept better records regarding the account and I take full responsibility. I became aware of the unpaid balance when I got a copy of my credit report in January of 2012.

I know that payment was my responsibility and I am not attempting to justify this breach of my user agreement, I was however hoping you might review the circumstances under which this non-payment occurred and consider removing the negative trade line associated with this account from my three credit reports if I pay the account balance in full. At the time the debt was incurred I was not in a financial position to make the payment, as I was unemployed at the time. However that has changed and I am prepared to pay the account in full. I have reached out to patient financial services in hopes of having the request honored but have not been successful. We are in the process of purchasing a home here in XX and this is the only account that will delay our dream of home ownership due to it’s negative status.

I would like to STRESS that the information currently being reported IS accurate, I am not disputing anything with Paragon Revenue Group or XXX. I am simply asking for a courtesy gesture of goodwill in having the credit bureaus remove this account from my report upon reciept of payment. I do recognize that this request is unique and that it may not be normal policy. Please consider that the Fair Credit Reporting Act does not demand that all accounts be reported, only that any account that is reported be reported accurately. Therefore, a company does have legal discretion and permission to remove any account it chooses from the credit report. I’m hoping that XXX will do that in my case for this account.

Your kind consideration in this matter is greatly appreciated.

Best Regards,
    XXX

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register New Account
Reset Password