Is there any insurance that covers your house from a flood from rainfall due to clogged storm drains

Tips and Deals Forums Home Insurance Is there any insurance that covers your house from a flood from rainfall due to clogged storm drains

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Anonymous 7 years, 8 months ago.

• Author

Anonymous

Last year the bottom floor of my house got flooded because the storm drain on our block was clogged with leaves and debris and it rained very hard. I’m scared it will happen again and looked for insurance to cover it. However, national flood insurance does not (I think it has to be from a bodily water not just rainfall), a sewer backup does not cover it, and any other insurance riders that would cover it requires a sump pump which we do not have. I would love to pay a couple of hundred bucks a year to an insurance company for piece of mind that I am covered from property damage and house damage if there is another flood but I can’t find such coverage. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register New Account
Reset Password