is there a rapid credit repair company ?

Tips and Deals Forums Consumer Credit Credit Repair is there a rapid credit repair company ?

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

me and my husband both have really bad credit due to not paying small credit card bills when we were both younger , and also due to alot of inquires that wont expire till next year or so , all of our collections are paid in full and we have no negative accounts ,, and yet his credit score hasnt raised in the past year. he has a 516, 540, 532… we jus want to be able to qualify to use the v.a to buy a home .

It takes some time to clean up your credit, doesn’t happen overnight or even in a month. Don’t use a service, do a little research and do it yourself. You can do it all yourself and be more effective.

Anonymous
      Inactive

To be honest, in my experience it mainly takes time. You must pay your bills on time, don’t ever let your checking account become overdrawn, don’t buy anything more on credit but don’t close any credit accounts you do have and then simply wait. After enough time has passed with you paying all your bills on time every month, your credit score will go up. I know where you’re at though. We had problems and I’m still trying to get the score up. It’s been five years and it has gone up, but only about 150 points so far. We’re still under 700. I will be so glad if it ever manages to make it to 800!

Anonymous
      Inactive

Shop on line and know the estimated value of your things.

Anonymous
      Inactive

First of all, don’t “shop” for homeowners. If you are like most folks your home is your biggest asset. It’s not like your cars… DO NOT go for the cheapest option. Cheap insurance pays cheap claims. Look for quality, financially sound companies. Stay away from “captive” agents who only represent one company as they can’t provide objective advice. My personal recommendations are AMICA, USAA, Chubb or Fireman’s Fund. These companies are known for settling claims fairly and promptly and their rates correspond to the services they offer.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Insurance quotes don’t ding your credit – they don’t “count”.

The BEST way is to contact two local, independent agents, get the names of the companies they represent, and request 3-6 quotes from EACH of them, being sure they’re not duplicating companies.

You won’t get the Allstate, STate Farm, or Nationwide quote out of them, though, because they ONLY write with their own agents. If you want THOSE quotes, you’ll have to go to each of those offices. Which WILL be a waste of time.

Anonymous
      Inactive

You may want to try a website that compares multiple companies at once to get you the best price. I am paying less than ½ after I did.

Go to:

Take care,
      Casey

Anonymous
      Inactive

Talk to an independent agent. They will have access to several different markets. Most independent agents will have access to 3-6 companies. Direct writers like Allstate, State Farm and Nationwide only have one company. You don’t necessarily want the cheapest homeowners policy. You want a policy that provides the most coverage at an affordable price. When you bought your house, did you buy the cheapest house available? You probably bought the best house with the best floor plan in your price range. Use that same mindset when buying insurance.

Getting multiple quotes won’t hurt your credit at all. Having a good credit score can help you get better pricing.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Check with an independent agent who can shop several companies with only one credit inquiry. The inquiry itself is not a worry, it’s called a ‘soft inquiry,’ which means it doesn’t show up except to you yourself.

An independent agent is not beholden to any company and is your best opportunity to compare different companies. Different ones have different underwriting guidelines, so what is a desired risk to one may not be to another. Independent agents know the guides for each of their companies, and usually will give you choices between two or three good offers.

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Register New Account
Reset Password