is it possible to get a credit score without a previous employment, credit card or any financial account?

Tips and Deals Forums Consumer Credit Credit Score Models is it possible to get a credit score without a previous employment, credit card or any financial account?

Tagged: 

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

i have just arrived in US and recently received my work permit including my social security number, can i get a credit score even if it will be my first time to be employed in US?

Anonymous
      Inactive

Credit cards always F you in the end. Be very careful and read all the fine print. If you are late once, your interest rate will skyrocket. I dont quite understand what you are asking. Do you owe $ 15k in credit card debt? or do you have that to pay ur debt?

Anonymous
      Inactive

Yes, you can earn 1% on the bank’s money, but that’s only $ 150 for the year. Don’t get hit with any fees, or that 1% will quickly disappear. If you show that you invested in something with the money from the credit card, and that the credit card was used to finance the transaction (keep good records), you can deduct the interest paid against the interest earned. But, don’t comingle the investment with any purchases or any other transactions on the card. Once it’s comingled, it can’t be separated easily.

You can pay off your mortgage with the $ 15,000, but you cannot deduct the credit card interest. IRS rules. You can only deduct direct mortgage interest.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Register New Account
Reset Password