Is it better for your credit score to close unused credit cards or leave

Tips and Deals Forums Improving Your Credit Score Is it better for your credit score to close unused credit cards or leave

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

them open with no balance? I have several credit cards that I have’t used in a long time. Should I close these accounts or leave them open? How will it affect my credit score?

Anonymous
      Inactive

Just cut the cards up and leave them alone, closing a card will affect your credit. As long as they aren’t costing you anything it will help you.

if they dont charge you any annual fee leave them open coz if you close them it WILL lower your score

Anonymous
      Inactive

The company doesn’t matter, it’s the agent you select.

Why not invest a few hours and take a seminar on buying your first home. They are put on by non-profit groups all over the country and are free. That way you will know what the agent is talking about and can make an informed decision instead deciding on soley emotional reasons.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Here is the FIRST thing to remember when going to a real estate company – they represent the seller and the seller’s financial interests. They do NOT represent you, the buyer. They may be looking for a home for you, but they are tied to the home’s seller, not you. Understand their motivation.

Anonymous
      Inactive

You don’t need to start with an agent, you should start with getting your mortgage money preapproved. You can apply with lenders and get a letter of what you can qualify for. Most realestate companies have online shopping now adays. First make sure that your credit report is accurate and get any old or negative info off before you apply with anyone. Realestate agents get about 7% from the seller so you might even find something for sale buy owner and they can give you a better price without an agent. Happy shopping… Remax and Coldwell banker among others let you shop online without too much info.

Anonymous
      Inactive

The agent makes the difference not the company. ~

Anonymous
      Inactive

I would be more than happy to help you.

Go to my web site and read my success stories to get a feel for how I take care of my clients.

Terry Smith

Anonymous
      Inactive

Use and EBA…and Exclusive Buyer’s Agent. The represent your interests in a serious way….like all buyer agents are supposed to. They are the real thing.

John Herman

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Register New Account
Reset Password