Is ANYONE giving out debt consolidation loans?

Tips and Deals Forums Debt Management Is ANYONE giving out debt consolidation loans?

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Anonymous 7 years ago.

• Author

Anonymous

So, I understand the underwriting process of banks, and I know they’ve tightened up lending. But when the purpose of a loan is to consolidate debt, why would they use debt to income a reason for refusal of a loan? For instance, we are paying $1k a month to pay off old credit card debt. With a loan, we wanted to pay off the debt and at the calculated rate, get our debt payment down to almost a quarter of that. Credit unions are garbage, too.
    I see both of your points, but the way I calculated it, with the loan (actually it was HEL, not just debt consolidation) we’d be able to pay an extra $100 monthly towards the principle and still save a good bit of the rest. I guess a bunch of bad apples in the lot spoiled it all for the rest of us who could benefit from a loan these days.

But then again, maybe I should change my approach and instead of thinking with my head, just walk around with my hand out in all areas of life?

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register New Account
Reset Password