Irritated at Citi & Misled

Tips and Deals Forums Consumer Credit Credit Cards Irritated at Citi & Misled

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author

July 28th I had called customer service to request a CLI on my Citi TY Preferred. I did not want to do it online due to the uncertainty of the soft/hard pull. I had asked the representative if this was going to be a hard pull or a soft pull and he said it woud be a soft pull. I asked him numerous times to verify as I wouldn’t do it otherwise and he assured me each time that it would be a soft. *So I got the 30 minute wait time after he asked me a few questions and then logged in shortly after and got my CLI. *Yay! Excited…right? Wrong…

Today I just happened to pull and Experian report. I always pull the report for $14.95m with no score and then click the dispute button because it gives you your real report that way and not the generic, unreliable one that is no where near accurate….and low and behold I see one an inquiry from Citi! So I just now called Citi and explained the situation to the rep and she said we are supposed to tell you that it MAY pull a report and that they have no control over it. *I stated that I asked the rep repeatedly to make sure or else I wouldn’t have done it but he didn’t give me that disclaimer. She proactively connected me to a supervisor (who by the way was very nice) and she said she apologizes that he MAY have said that it was a soft pull. I then requested that the call be pulled and reviewed as I do not want this inquiry on my report. She said she will talk to her boss, have the call pulled, reviewed, and have the employee re-trained if it turns out that was said. They will also open up an investigation to ‘try’ and remove the inquiry. *I said I really want this inquiry removed as I was misled. I said I’ve had Citi for 3.5 years and never had an issue and I’m really hoping this gets fixed as the credit bureau won’t let me dispute an inquiry online or over the phone. *I reiterated that I felt misled and wouldn’t have done the CLI if that was going to happen.

At any rate, she was apologetic again and assured me that she will call me back tonight or within 48 hours. In the interim, she awarded me 10,000 thank you points which I thought was amazing and not even necessary but still, it’s something in the event this inquiry cannot get removed ;( Still pretty bummed though…

Edit 16 minutes later: Wow, she called me and said they reviewed the call and that the information he gave me was incorrect. They said they will remove the inquiry and just to get it removed quicky. They also said he will be addressed and re-trained. I hope he doesn’t get in trouble or lose his job though .

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Register New Account
Reset Password