- This topic has 0 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 8 years, 12 months ago by Anonymous.
- July 19, 2011 at 8:12 am #352034AnonymousInactive
Here is a little background to put things in perspective. I am 26 years old. I earned my B.A. in Psychology in 2004. In 2005, I reached my goal of moving back to my hometown on my own, since my family had moved away. My post-graduation employment has consisted of entry level positions in customer service, human resources/operations and program management. This past year, I was laid off from my previous position in program management. Currently, I am employed on a 6 month contract with a law firm, through a temp agency. Unfortunately, I am paying for health insurance out of pocket.
I want to pursue my Master’s degree in Counseling Psychology on a part-time basis.
Here are my concerns:
1) Unsure if my current employer will hire me on a permanent basis at the end of my 6 month contract. I need to work while in school.
2) Currently, I am paying off credit card debt ($ 7500). Yes, I was young and naive.
3) How will I pay for school? GRE course? Pre-requisites? Living expenses?
4) Other details I may have left out?
Any recommendations/advice anyone can give me would really help me out.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.