If someone adds you to there credit card account & ruins your score can you have it removed from

Tips and Deals Forums Consumer Credit Improve Credit If someone adds you to there credit card account & ruins your score can you have it removed from

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Anonymous 8 years ago.

• Author

Anonymous

Hello all! A few years ago my boyfriend decided to get secondary credit cards and add me to his credit accounts. I never once used the cards, and had a perfect credit report at the time. Recently I was turned down for a credit line increase so I checked my report and found that over the last three years he had accumulated several late (some very late!) payments on both of the cards I had been added to.
    My question is since I was not the primary car holder, and never used the cards is there a way to fix my credit report/score?
    Thanks in advance for any help! : )
    I did not sign anything, I believe all they did was ask him for my SSN. (if that, all I know is he did not need me to do it. He just presented me with the cards once he had them)
    I had (and still do) pay my credit card on time. He has now completely cancelled the one card, and paid off the other. I just want to know if since I never used or signed for the cards if theres a way to remove the negative marks from my report, or how long they will be there. Thanks again everybody!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register New Account
Reset Password