I have a low credit score and I need a home security system. How or who if

Tips and Deals Forums Improving Your Credit Score I have a low credit score and I need a home security system. How or who if

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 7 years, 11 months ago.

• Author

Anonymous

you know can I get help from? I am moving and a senior citizen. Need all the security I can get.

Anonymous

I never knew security companies could deny you based on credit. Home security is something that anyone should have a right to. But, since you’re saying otherwise, I would suggest closing some accounts that you do not need, and lowering your debt. Other than that, there is not much you can do. There is no way to magically fix your credit.

Anonymous

Statistically, you will sell your first house within 5 to 7 years. Your career or family situation will change, you will make more money, or just want something different. People get really freaked out when buying a home, thinking they have to live in it for the rest of their lives, but very seldom does someone stay forever in the first house they buy. Consider resale, make the best decision for your current situation, and remember that life changes and so will your housing requirements.

Anonymous

I might be an oddball, but I was simply looking for a house I could afford.

Resale didn’t enter into it, thank goodness. Just look at all the owners who are stuck with MC Mansions that have lost serious value in the last two years!

We planned our purchase based on what we could afford with one income. We wanted a child, and also wanted her to have an at home parenting situation…and as things turned out, that was pretty smart. You never know what might happen down the road, so committing two incomes to a home purchase is slightly insane, unless you plan to work for the rest of your life.

Stuff happens. I didn’t plan on having a car accident that would leave me permanently disabled…but I have a friend who sunk everything she had into a “dream house”. She swore she could be happy there the rest of her life…then after two years was house hunting again…for something better.

Plan.

Anonymous

As a Realtor, I can tell you that many people shopping now are looking for what they can afford that will be a good investment.

Not something they can grow old in.

Anonymous

A smart buyer will think of affordability, resale value in 5-10 years and if the house/neighborhood is good enough to live out your life in. If it passes all 3 then you have the house you should buy.

Anonymous

I know plenty of people who only want one home in life.

I know plenty more that plan to move on, but stay.

Buy something you will be comfortable in for at least 5 years.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register New Account
Reset Password