I am buying a house and we get it June 2 do. Have to pay rent fir the month of June?

Tips and Deals Forums Buying Your Home I am buying a house and we get it June 2 do. Have to pay rent fir the month of June?

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

We are getting our house in June but won’t move in til June 15 do I still pay for the whole month?

Thomasvef

Yes and rarely does a closing occur on the first date scheduled

Yes, you still pay for the entire month of June, unless your landlord is willing to pro-rate your rent. On the plus side, that will give you more time to move from the rental to the home without having to rush to have everything out in a day or two (which is especially nice if you’re wanting to paint the new house or do any repair work before moving all of your stuff in).

Anonymous
      Inactive

Either email back to your landlord and ask whether there are new Canadian or provincial laws which you need to be aware of, or whether he’s changing terms of the lease to require all tenants to obtain such insurance. Or he may be simply reminding tenants that getting tenant insurance is always the smartest thing to do. Or else check with an attorney to see what the law is. Any recent changes? Or any changes in the works, e.g. bill in Parliament or something?

It is always wise to get tenant insurance. A friendly reminder by a landlord is not out of order. However, having been burned from time to time over this and that, thereby developing something of a suspicious nature, I’d want to look around and see if there’s any chance this LL is in any kind of trouble, or if maintenance is not-so-hot lately, or if there are any legal changes, or… or… or. It pays to be observant. Failure to pay attention to what goes on around you can be harmful – even deadly. Never get so caught up in your routine that you fail to notice what’s going on around you, and around the world.

Anonymous
      Inactive

usa questions. Please post in correct section

Anonymous
      Inactive

There is no legal requirement for tenants to obtain a renter’s policy and a landlord cannot evict you for failing to do so. If he had made it clear that it was a requirement when you were applying to rent the apartment and required proof that you had done so before handing over the keys and included a provision in the lease that you must maintain it, then he would have a stronger case to insist upon it. But in your current circumstances, while good advice, he cannot insist on it.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Register New Account
Reset Password