How to proceed from Here with US Bank

Tips and Deals Forums Consumer Credit Improve credit How to proceed from Here with US Bank

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      dealpal
      Keymaster

I have filed the following complaint with BBB on US bank

RE: Acct # XXXXXXXXXX (as stated on my credit report) Last 4 of SSN:*XXXX To Whom It May Concern, I have attempted numerous times already to resolve an erroneous account that your company is reporting onto my file. Please be advised that this is not a refusal to pay, simply a request for validation made pursuant to the FDCPA. Please also be advised that this is NOT a request for “verification” that you have my personal information on file (mailing address, ssn, etc), but a request for proper validation of the account; that is, competent evidence that I have some contractual obligation to pay you, such as: -copies of any papers that show I agreed to pay what you say I owe -copies of statements from the original creditor -copy of the original signed loan agreement or credit card application If any further collection activity is taken by your company during this validation period, I will be forced to bring legal action against your company. This includes any reporting to a credit bureau that could be inaccurate or invalidated, or verifying an account as accurate when in fact there’s no provided proof that it is. If your offices fail to respond to this request within 30 days with proper validation, then all references to this account must be deleted and completely removed from my credit file. If sufficient validation is not provided, or the account is not removed, then in addition to legal action I will also issue complaints with the FTC Consumer Response Center and Maryland State Attorney General’s office against your company. I have disputed this account numerous time and I haven’t reeived itemized billing on any occasion and just turned as verified.

and today, I got the following response from US bank

Dear Mr. XXXXXXX,

We are in receipt of your complaint filed with the Better Business Bureau regarding the above referenced U.S. Bank WorldPerks VISA Platinum Credit Card account.

Thank you for allowing me the opportunity to respond to your concerns. Specifically, your complaint states that we have failed to provide you with evidence of indebtedness following your request for validation of debt. I have reviewed the account and find that we are unable to provide you with this information because the account is no longer maintained by U.S. Bank.

This account opened in December 2006 and charged off due to severe delinquency on September 30, 2008 and through the normal course of business the account was ultimately sold to Midland Credit Management. For over two years we have not owned the rights to collect or service disputes on this account. We are contractually obligated to refer you to the new owners.

Furthermore, following the date of sale, any correspondence received by this office regarding this account is forwarded to the new owners for review and processing. We recommend that you contact Midland Credit Management at 1-888-303-3005 to obtain a current status of your account and to correspond with them regarding this and any other concern.

Sincerely,

(Signed)
      U.S. Bank Retail Payment Solutions
      Recovery Manager

I am at crossroads. How should I proceed from here? US bank is reporting the debt to CRA’s and is not validating the debt and directed me to*Midland and for the complaint I filed against Midland, I haven’t received any response and*the status*in*CR is “NO STATUS”* from the last 3 months and isn’t even responding. Should I ask US bank to stop reporting as they failed to validate? Had anyone been through such situation? Please help me in deciding my course of action.

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Register New Account
Reset Password