how hard or easy is it to get your name off of a loan/deed/mortgage for a house?

Tips and Deals Forums Home Mortgage how hard or easy is it to get your name off of a loan/deed/mortgage for a house?

Tagged: 

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

Past tax returns and W2. Also a letter of employment from new company

Anonymous
      Inactive

my sister wants to put my name on a house. she says she can get my name off of the house in 12 months and put it in hers. she has bad credit as we speak. i dont know if it will improve in 12 months. i dont even know if her credit will be looked at. she said she is putting aside at least 6 months of escro until she finds renters. that would cover the mortgage in the mean time. i dont know about real estate. the only thing i know is that the entire planet is in forecloseure so im afraid of real estate.

Sorry, you are being mislead. She nor you can get your name off a mortgage. Don’t sign anything to be responsible for.
      Good luck

Anonymous
      Inactive

to get your name off the title or deed is simple. it is a matter of doing a quit claim deed document.
      however, to remove your name off a mortgage is not as simple. in this case, your sister would have to refinance the mortgage herself. credit checks generally go back years, not just 12 months. and even with improved credit, there is no guarantee that she can get a mortgage or tenants.
      based on your question, it looks like your sister is talking about the mortgage meaning you have to apply and get approved for the mortgage yourself. proceed with caution. consult a lawyer if you do decide to move forward with this transaction.

Anonymous
      Inactive

It is very easy to get your name taken off of a real estate deed. All you have to do is file a Quit Claim Deed. Talk to a Real Estate Attorney about filing this quit claim deed. It shouldn’t cost anything for you to do it and it will be quick and painless.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Do NOT put your name on anyone else’s house. You would be in default if she failed to make the payments. You state that she doesn’t have good credit now, so why would you risk your credit rating for a bad investment?
      Don’t do it.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Register New Account
Reset Password