How can a single mother get her college grad son, who lives at home, help

Tips and Deals Forums Home Mortgage How can a single mother get her college grad son, who lives at home, help

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

pay the mortgage? My son has live rent free with me for the last 5 years or so. I have asked him to help me pay the Mortgage this year. He has a job that pays him $20 an hour. I have asked him for $650. He is furious with me. He gave me $400 twice then, $500 once and now he has refused to give me anything this month. I don’t want a battle with him every month.

I am thinking that I have caused some of his problems by not allowing him to feel the financial hardships of life. He should be making much more money by now, but he has never had to get a well paying job because he doesn’t feel the hardship of the house expenses. He is very smart and a incredible artist, he could be making 3x the money therefor living a much life.
      Why is it that my love and understanding hasn’t gotten me the respect that I deserve from him?

I feel that divorce is hard on the children. My kids were 19 and 21 when we were divorced. He has finally started spending time with his father after several years of being pretty distant.

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Register New Account
Reset Password