Help me make a career choice! Work in the Music Biz or Wall Street?

Tips and Deals Forums Debt Management Debt Management Help me make a career choice! Work in the Music Biz or Wall Street?

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

I have experience working for capitol records and fox tv. I have recently finished college (poly sci/business) and need to make a career choice. If I work in music, it will be as an assistant to some hot shot. The pay will be poor (35k, for LA-yikes) and ill be a grunt for a few years. However, I will eventually have the possibility to start my own management company after networking and paying my dues. The lifestyle is great but,slim chance I will ever make good money (more than 300k).

My other choice is to work as an investment banker. I will start as an analyst making aroung 50-60k. The hours are crazy, sometimes 80 per week- I will no longer own my life.I will need to obtain an M.B.A from a top school (100k debt). After obtaining that along with 4-5 years experience pay range is 175k-300k, depending on bouns. After 7-10 years, its easy to make 350-600k.

My passion is music biz,but people are losing their jobs all the time. Banking is safer with better pay

PLEASE HELP ME!

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Register New Account
Reset Password