Have you used a credit repair service?

Tips and Deals Forums Consumer Credit Credit Repair Have you used a credit repair service?

This topic contains 6 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 8 years, 5 months ago.

• Author

Anonymous

I’m looking for testimonials and experiences with credit repair services. I’ve been looking into Fowler & Fowler CRS which has been associated with the BBB for 10 yrs. I know that they cant do anything i cant do myself but i dont mind paying a 3rd party if they can get the job done well. I know they dispute everything negative on your report. Again im looking for real experiences not cookie cutter advertisements for a CRS. I can tell so dont try it. Thx

Anonymous

No, I think it’s a scam. Its scary how people are preying on those who need help. Of course if you do your research and things check out, that is one thing. But I fear a lot of them might be scams. A friend of mine’s sister was doing one of the debt consolidation programs, she was paying them, and then they went out of business. Turns out they were never paying her card. She got screwed.

Anonymous

It is a common belief that the credit repair services damage your creditworthiness and spoil your credit report. But you should keep all options open. There are different kinds of credit repair services available. You’d need to understand the differences between debt consolidation and debt settlement.

The most important thing that you should know about any credit repair service is that they should be able to provide you with an online account that shows you the status of negotiations with each of your creditors.

Good credit repair services would only charge you after settling each of your creditors. This would certainly lead you to believe that you’re job is finally getting done.

Anonymous

you don’t need to pay for it, there are programs out there to help that do it for free. contact your local credit agency for information.

Anonymous

NO NO NO NO NO

Do it yourself!

Interested email me. I can help get you started.

Anonymous

be sure that coop is located in a commercial area instead of residential because you might to want to eventually have a rooster onboard and that crowing would be bad in a residential area and you’d be fined.

crissy you didn’t have to get snotty on my question after I answered you. I’m sorry that you cannot spell. A “coop” is a chicken coop, a place for chickens. A “co-op” is probably what you were talking about, IF you could spell. I answered what you asked about.

Anonymous

If you have a reasonable debt to income ratio (less than 30%), having student loans shouldn’t be a problem. If you decide to get a loan, you may have trouble finding a bank that will mortgage such a low amount. What could happen is you would get a personal loan for the $ 12,000 but the interest rate will be pretty high. I’d recommend paying in full rather than borrowing if you are able.

Are you positive that buying into the co-op would only be $ 12,600 and not $ 120,600? I’ve never heard of a co-op apartment going for such a low amount.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register New Account
Reset Password