Has anyone ever written a seller a letter and it worked?

Tips and Deals Forums Buying Your Home Buying a Home in Los Angeles Has anyone ever written a seller a letter and it worked?

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Anonymous 7 years, 4 months ago.

• Author

Anonymous

So I haven’t written an offer in almost 2 years since I pulled out of a highly emotional short sale with a disasterous inspection.
    I am putting in an offer today and my realtor suggested I write a letter. I went to the house yesterday and it already has 3 offers and was a feeding frenzy of investors. You could clearly tell I was the only one there who was there to potentially live in this home. It was pretty depressing.
    Owner died, house vacant for two years. Children are selling the house.* My realtor thinks that most likely all or most of the offers will be investors offering full cash but under asking. I am offering asking. She had us write a letter and I’ve never done that since every property except one that we bid on was short sale or REO.
    We already live in the neighborhood. We are active with our Neighborhood Association and are really passionate about the potential the area has and that we are buying it to live in, not make a profit.
    I would love to know if anyone has had a letter work in their favor against investors or in general.
    I understand why banks want a quick close but I would think this wouldn’t matter as much to these sellers.
    I’ve only heard of one house in my neighborhood (not in my price range) that refused to sell to an investor. She only wanted to sell to someone who was going to live in it.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register New Account
Reset Password