GW with BoA – Advice

Tips and Deals Forums Consumer Credit Improve credit GW with BoA – Advice

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  dealpal 7 years, 9 months ago.

• Author

dealpal
    Keymaster

Hello

I have a credit account with Bank of America that was closed in 7/2009 due to subsequent late payments – 30 days, 60 days, 30, 30, 30 from July – Nov of ’09.* From what I’ve read, BoA generally isn’t as lenient as other financial instituions in awarding good will removals but I would like to try anyways.

Firstly, should my good will letter be requesting that my late payments be adjusted or that the entire tradeline be removed?* The Fair Credit Reporting Act requires that they report fairly and accurately, so how is a financial institution able to simply change the status of a payment?

Secondly, since it’s less likely for BoA to adjust multiple late payments, would I be better off having the tradeline removed altogether anyways?* Having the tradeline removed can hurt my FICO due to the decrease in AAoA, but having the multiple late payments dissapear certainly must offset this, right?

-Eugene

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register New Account
Reset Password