Getting close on short sale in Menifee

Tips and Deals Forums Buying Your Home Buying a Home Inland Empire Getting close on short sale in Menifee

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Anonymous 8 years, 4 months ago.

• Author

Anonymous

Hi all!

I’ve been reading these forums for guidance for a while, thank all so much for your sage words of wisdom!

We made a full list price cash offer of $336k on a short sale in February. *We knew it wouldn’t appraise at that price, and made it contingent on it appraising. *We were just playing the game to get our offer submitted. *Low and behold, a few weeks ago, the lender came back with an acceptance of our offer, and actually reduced it to $303k.

The home is in an older neighborhood in Menifee, built in 1989. *The home itself is in good shape, though obviously neglected for years. *The interior has alot of pride of ownership touches, but has also been neglected. *It needs new appliances (they aren’t working), and counter-tops, carpeting and paint.**The exterior has lots of peeling paint, wood rot on both eves, patio cover and decking. *there are termites. *There is a wave in the concrete tile roofing that our inspector is going to look closer at. *It is on 2 1/3 acres and the property needs some serious maintenance. *The weeds are about 4′ tall.

My question is this. *I know that the BPO came in lower than the 303k. *We have not yet opened escrow as the same lender has a second of $40k on it as well, that hasnt received approval. *I’ve tallied up the estimated repairs and come up with around $30k. (We are waiting for the appraisal to order an inspection, termite inspection and septic cert) *I have requested a desk appraisal to start with, and am awaiting the results. *There are not any true comps.*Anything that is a comp in size is not a comp in age. *Im guessing the value will come in around 277k . *I don’t want to lose this property by misstepping at this point. *Should I reduce my offer to the appraised value less the repairs? *Or do you think it would make sense to offer 80-90% of their suspected BPO, which would be significantly less…?

The home was taken off the market when we made the offer, so there is no one else making an offer on it. *The current homeowners are about a year behind on the mortgage. *My thought is that it would cost the lender around $70k to prepare this property for sale in a Foreclosure. *They net about 50k more doing a shortsale.

Thanks for your time and help!

Tam

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register New Account
Reset Password