First time homeowner's headache?

Tips and Deals Forums Home Insurance First time homeowner's headache?

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Anonymous 6 years, 11 months ago.

• Author

Anonymous

My husband and I found a house that we fell in love with. It is beautiful, in great shape, and in a good neighborhood. It was a foreclosure, so it is really cheap. Here’s the problem, we are young and both have a 0% credit score. We applied for a first time homeowner’s loan. They want a year’s worth of three bills that we’ve payed, and proof that we’ve rented something for a year. Here’s the problem, we don’t have that. I lived in an apartment for a year and a half, but I took over my brother’s lease and it along with all the bills stayed in his name. I payed for everything, it just was in his name. I’ve had my cell phone for three years, it’s just been in my Mom’s name. All I have is my five years worth of car insurance. They won’t give us the loan now because of this. This is a house that I know that bank wants to get rid of. It’s been sitting there for over a year. We want it, we can pay the monthly payments. We have the money to get it payed off. Why wont anybody believe in us or help us? Any suggestions?

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register New Account
Reset Password