First day of work drug test considered pre-employment? new job?

Tips and Deals Forums Home Insurance First day of work drug test considered pre-employment? new job?

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Anonymous 7 years, 2 months ago.

• Author

Anonymous

Unexpectedly I was given a drug test while on the clock my first day of a summer job. There is a chance I’ll fail for marijuana. My company has already provided me with keys to the buildings etc so I’m guessing this drug test is only for insurance purposes otherwise why would they trust me with keys as opposed to just waiting 1-2 days for results.

My first question is, how quickly do these results generally come back when they’re done in a hospital lab? My second question is, since I was on the clock at this point and already had a signed contract does this mean it wouldn’t count as a pre-employment drug test and that if I did fail they would be required to provide rehabilitation?

I’m hoping none of this ends up mattering as I’m more than capable of doing my job, I just want to have all my bases covered if something does come back.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register New Account
Reset Password