FHA Streamline Refinance

Tips and Deals Forums Home Mortgage FHA Streamline Refinance

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author

I am suddenly receiving mail offering me a pre-approved FHA streamline refinance. *

I have a 30 year 4.5% fixed rate, and perfect payment history from when the loan originated exactly two years ago. *I currently owe about 92% of the value of the FHA appraisal at loan origination. *

I know I have a great rate, but I am also paying MIP. *I calculated that if I could get into a 15 year fixed at 3.5% and eliminate the MIP, then my monhly payment would only be slightly higher than my minimum now. *I normally pay more than the minimum anyway, so the net effect would be an early payoff and over 50 grand in interest saved. *

Tempting.

So, my questions:

1. *Is there a credit check for the streamline refi with FHA?

2. *Can I reduce the term to 15 years?

3. *Can I get rid of the MIP?

4. *Can I use my MIP refund to offset closing costs?

5. *Is streamline an actual FHA program or just some gimmick that the lenders are using to bait me in?

6. *My loan is currently with Wells Fargo. *Is there a reputable lender that anyone here recommends that might minimize closing costs?

7. *Is USAA an approved FHA lender?

8. *Is there a thread here that addresses all the FHA streamline program in detail?

9. How realistic is 3.5% for a 15 year loan? *

10. If I can’t do a 15 year, could I lower my rate and eliminate MIP on my 30 year?

Lots of questions, I know. *Any help appreciated, thanks!

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Register New Account
Reset Password