Does this sound like a good deal to you?

Tips and Deals Forums Home Insurance Does this sound like a good deal to you?

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

So I’m engaged to be married on September of 2010. I’m inviting about 150 people, including children, of which I may expect 100. I’ve been doing some research and I think (not sure yet) that I found a really good place. There is this hall that I found that only charges $ 600 (best deal so far, close from my house). Most places charge $ 2000 and up. But there’s this other place that I found that offers me this:

Hall for up to 500 people for 5 hours (I can choose a smaller hall for 125 ppl).
      Decorated Food Line that Includes:
      Beef or Pork Entree
      Chicken Entree
      Pasta, Rice, or Potatoes
      Seasonal Vegetables
      Green Salad
      Two Dressings
      Four Prepared Salads
      Rolls and Butter
      Iced Tea, Coffee, and Water
      Includes all linens, china, crystal, flatware and servers.

All this for $ 23.35 per person (I’m ordering 150), plus tax and gratuity.

The thing is, I would have to rent security (two people), a dance floor (from them for only $ 175), a licensed bartender, and I would have to get a liability insurance. Also, I may need two extra hours from the hall which will cost me $ 500 (250 each additional hour).

Does this sound like a good deal? How much (approximately) would the security, bartender, and insurance would be. I live in Bakersfield, CA if that helps.

I’m on a very tight budget and at this moment I’m still deciding whether to have catered food or homemade :S

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Register New Account
Reset Password