Do credit card companies check your credit score when you request to have your

Tips and Deals Forums Improving Your Credit Score Do credit card companies check your credit score when you request to have your

This topic contains 9 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 8 years, 1 month ago.

• Author

Anonymous

interest rate lowered? If I were to call my credit card company to request a lower interest rate, will they check my credit score to determine my new rate?

Anonymous

Yes. Your interest rate is based on your credit score. If you have a poor credit score, the higher your interest rate … and if you have a good credit score, the lower your interest rate.

Anonymous

YES!

When I was in the process of buying a house, I called BofA to lower my interest. Due to the house inquiries or whatever, they canceled my card!

Anonymous

In most cases they do check credit when a customer calls and request a lower rate, which is typically reserved for very well established customers. They also check to see if you have taken on substantial new debt, had excessive inquiries, or fallen behind on existing debt.
    Hope this helps

Anonymous

Yes. Always!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!z

Anonymous

$ 2000???? Holy cow.

Anonymous

False. It takes time to build your credit score. If it were that easy, everybody would be doing it.

Anonymous

False!

You are wise to be skeptical, this looks and sounds and smells like a TOTAL SCAM AND RIPOFF!!!!! Please don’t give these losers your $ 2,000!

Anonymous

I’ve thought about it also, I was going to do the $ 1000 deal, I actually asked the same question 2 weeks ago. I’m really still thinking about it. I know you can do this with anyones credit as long as it’s good. The hard thing is making sure the account you’re being added to will be reported. I was added to my mom’s Target Visa, she has a $ 7K limit. Guess what, Target doesn’t report authorized users so it didn’t help me. I’ve heard Citibank does, so I’ve had her add me to her Home Depot and a few other cards. If it works it will save me the $ 1000 I’d planned on spending. If you decide to do it, and it works please let me know. Good Luck

Anonymous

Possible, yes.

Likely no.

I have heard about these companies before and their technique is true and does work only if they follow through on adding you to some seriously solid, well seasoned accounts.

It sounds like an ideal scam for scammers but if they were to add you as an authorized user to 4-5 new solid accounts with long term payment histories and huge limits, the snaswer is yes. May not be quite 200 points but could be close.

Here is an article on piggybacking:

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register New Account
Reset Password