Debt settlement, debt consolidation or bankruptcy, which one is the best option?

Tips and Deals Forums Debt Management Debt Management Debt settlement, debt consolidation or bankruptcy, which one is the best option?

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

I share a home mortgage of a house that I am not considering to short-sale if I don’t find a solution. Recently we have modified the monthly payment with the bank but, the payment is still high due that I do not have any type of income after losing my unemployment benefits due to being placed on bed-rest because I am carrying a high risk pregnancy.
      I am very behind on my payments, I have been trying my best but I have found myself paying LATE fees every month because I pay as I come up with money, some of my bills are more than a month late and one credit card I can’t even make their minimum payment; I tried making arrangements with them but it was an unsuccessful intent.
      I made a research about the three options I would have to deal with my debts. So, far after learning a little bet of the three, I thought bankruptcy would be my best option because either way my credit history will be damaged, I do not plan on adding the house on the bankruptcy, I have a debt with the state (which I now I have to pay that on my own).
      I do not know if after the baby is born that I will have an stable income. And if I do, I wonder how far behind on payments I will be.
      Does any of you have better understanding about those 3 options and if you consider that for my case, bankruptcy is the best option (even though there are 2 types of bankruptcy)??

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Register New Account
Reset Password