Could I close my circuit city credit card?

Tips and Deals Forums Consumer Credit Credit Cards Could I close my circuit city credit card?

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

What will happen to my chase circuit city credit card now that circuit city is going out of business?

Will the card close all by itself? I have a zero balance on the card.

MerrillSab

Call them and ask.

Anonymous
      Inactive

I work for Circuit City in Mississippi, and I am one of the many people who will be officially unemployed on March 31. I have a Circuit City Rewards card, not the Visa. So far they are telling us that if you don’t close it yourself it will be converted to a regular Chase credit card, I don’t know which one, but every week they are telling us something different. If i were you I wouldn’t close it yet but wait to see if which Chase card it will eventually become. Then make your decision if you don’t want that particular one.

Anonymous
      Inactive

The card is not issued by Circuit City, the card itself is a CHASE card. Therefore, if it is a simple Circuit City card they will most likely convert it to one of their regular cards, say a Chase Freedom for your balance. If it’s the Circuit City Visa you will most likely get the same as above, or if you’re like me, you can have your balance/credit limit transferred to one of your other Chase cards(I also ordered 3 things from the website on the 15th, and thankfully they were already shipped by the time this report came out so Chase is honoring my no interest promos that were offered fyi for any other Circuit City customers wondering if their interest/payment promos will suddenly become void).

Anonymous
      Inactive

It will just be a Chase card them. Circuit had nothing to do with it originally anyway. It was always with Chase.and Circuit City just used it as a way to try (unsuccessfully apparently) to get you to keep buying there.

Anonymous
      Inactive

The card is issued through a bank, not Circuit City itself, therefore, it will not necessarily close automatically. You should call the lender and close the account yourself.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Yes Circuit City is going out of business.

Anonymous
      Inactive

I can not tell you just how I gathered this info, so you can take it with a grain of salt, if you please.
      Home warranties are designed to make a profit. They can’t make money by shelling out money to contractors, for repairs, who are on their contact list. So, for instance (just an example mind you) if you’re having a loss of power in a room, (electrical) and the electrician comes out and finds a loose connection inside one of the outlet boxes, this is a “preexisting condition” of the house, thus not covered. At this point, the electrician has to call said home warranty and tell them what they found. It is at the time when he (or she) tells them that it took a while to get to this point (which it does) that the home warranty provider denies the claim on the “loss of power”. And if you want it fixed, you can either pay the electrician rates, or get somebody else. And in the state I’m in, it is a state law that we can not reinstall something that “is a safety or fire issue”. All I’m saying is to read the fine print on ANY home warranty you consider. Good luck in all you do and may God bless.

Anonymous
      Inactive

homeinsurance.awardspace.us – try this one. Got my home insurance from them. As I know they provide such a service.

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Register New Account
Reset Password