Collection Agency Just Erasing My Account – Too Good to be True?

Tips and Deals Forums Consumer Credit Improve credit Collection Agency Just Erasing My Account – Too Good to be True?

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      dealpal
      Keymaster

I am perplexed at what just happened, so I am hoping to get some information or advice.

For a little back story, I have been in talks with a collection agency for the past 6 weeks trying to get a better settlement offer.* They came down a little, but I decided to wait another month to see if they would go lower.* Not sure if it is relevant, but they pulled my credit report to see my current status 4 weeks ago.* My last communication with them was on July 18th.*

Anyway, I received a letter from them today that I thought was my monthly account statement.* Upon opening it I saw the following letter dated July 27th:

Dear *********,

Based on the information provided to us, we have instructed the three major credit reporting agencies to delete the above reference account from your credit file.* Please be advised, our credit reporting does not affect any credit reporting of this account by the original creditor.

Please feel free to contact us should you have any questions.

What is this?* Did I just win the collections lottery?

Seriously though, does this mean that they are actually just dropping my collection from the reports?* I have not disputed the account, and it is actually mine.* Could this mean they sold the account to someone else? Are they trying to pull something?* I am totally perplexed.

Also, I just pulled my credit reports from this site and the collection accounts have not been removed as of yet.* Should I send the three CRAs the letter or just hold tight?

Thanks for the help.

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Register New Account
Reset Password