Chase Freedom Plus Gone-Advice?

Tips and Deals Forums Consumer Credit Credit Cards Chase Freedom Plus Gone-Advice?

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi all,

I’m looking for advice. Chase recently revoked my Freedom Plus card, and converted it to the standard “rotating category” Freedom card, which is somewhat useless to me (this month it’s Home Improvement). I netted between 750$-1000$ in rewards per year with my Plus card for the past 3-4 years, so I’m sad to see it go.

I currently have the following cards:
      Capitol One Platinum Prestige (Sock Drawer, 5k limit)
      Amex Blue (Rarely used, 7.5k limit)
      Discover Open Road (Used for gas exclusively, 6.3k limit)
      Chase Freedom Plus (daily spender, 10.5k limit)
      Chase United Mileage Plus (joint card w/girlfriend to manage split purchases, 15k limit)
      Wells Fargo Platinum Card (used once monthly for tolls, 15k limit)
      FIA Visa (Sock Drawer, 5k limit)

I pay all balances in full monthly, never approach limits, and have an 800+ fico. I spend about 25k a year on my Chase Freedom Plus card. I do not travel often, and when I do it’s free standby. Most of the cards above have no rewards associated with them, so I would be open to converting one of them to a different card to use as a daily spender.* I would also be open to an annual fee if the card is worth it.

I’ve considered using the Amex Blue card, but it just seems to take too long to gear up, and Amex isn’t accepted at many stores I frequent. I have looked into the Chase Sapphire card, and the Capitol One Venture Rewards, but since I don’t travel often, they don’t seem to be worthwhile.

I’m looking for a card that can replace my Chase card and provide as close to the previous return as possible.

Any help would be much appreciated! Thank you!

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Register New Account
Reset Password