Cards for rebuilding that are worth keeping around.

Tips and Deals Forums Consumer Credit Credit Cards Cards for rebuilding that are worth keeping around.

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author

Right now, I currently am in student loan rehab (will be finished in 3 months), which will hopefully make a pretty good jump on my credit score, and I have an older charge off from private students loans (bank refuses to work with me, because they said they already charged it off and collected insurance money for it), as well as a charge off from first premier that was taken care of through the CA (FP won’t budge on GW letters).

According to the Walmart site, my TU score is 638. *I havent checked my other scores recently, fico or fako.

Credit cards I currently have are

GEMB – Walmart

opened 5/09

CL $400

balance $0

no AF

Hooters Mastercard

opened 3/11

CL $500

balance floats between $0-50

AF $39

Kay Jewelers

opened 3/11

CL $500

balance $0

no AF

My average age of accounts is over 6 years on my EX and EQ. *and 4.5 years on my TU.

I’ve been looking around trying to find a card that can grow with me. *Something that I can use for a while, and graduate up to better and better cards as long as I stay a valued customer. *I know my credit situation is not all that great, but it is definitely better than it was, and I haven’t had any new late payments in several years.

I’ve heard that Capital One has some better cards, and I know I could get one of there subprime cards, but is it possible to start with a subprime, and work my way up to a better card? *Or am I better off waiting until the student loan rehab is complete, and see how much of a change it makes on my report/score, once those derogs are deleted?

Thanks in advance, and I apologize if this should be in the credit rebuilding section.*

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Register New Account
Reset Password