Capital One charged off but still accruing and billing, confused on how to settle

Tips and Deals Forums Consumer Credit Improve credit Capital One charged off but still accruing and billing, confused on how to settle

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      dealpal
      Keymaster

I’m wondering what to do about this account that is marked as a CO on 2/08 with the date of last OK status as 7/07. It looks like my last payment was 5/07, which makes sense as I lost my job a few months prior. This was a $500 limit card but I have now received a CC statement in the mail from capital one asking for a bit less than $1,900. It looks like they have been adding about $25 a month fee for “court cost” on top of a few months of late fees. *
      I’d like to settle this account and PFD but not sure if the normal PFD approach will work since this account appears to be still held with the OC and not ever sold to a CA. Does anyone have any thoughts on a best approach? Should I look up the last few statements I have and offer to PFD with the last statement amount plus a few hundred extra to cover some lates? Any thoughts would be appreciated.
      Date opened Nov, 2004
      Date of last activity May, 200
      Descriptions
      Charged off account
      Account closed by credit grantor

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Register New Account
Reset Password