- This topic has 2 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by Anonymous.
- May 25, 2011 at 7:34 am #221140AnonymousInactive
I was just wondering what is the difference between a platinum mastercard from the company itself and a platinum mastercard by all those other banks like, orchard bank , first premiere or capital one??? which is better? the platinum mastercard by the company or those banks or am i insane
- June 8, 2011 at 4:20 am #287120HenryTruckMember
There are no credit cards “from the company itself.” Mastercard (and Visa) run the card-processing networks. The cards are all issued by banks who partner with Mastercard/Visa.
“Platinum” is just a marketing gimmick of the banks.
- June 15, 2011 at 10:00 am #289625AnonymousInactive
The designation of different “colored” MasterCard’s are largely marketing ploys.
Such designations are virtually meaningless and what might be “platinum” level at one company would be completely different at another.
You would need to review the specific terms and conditions of each card to compare it to another and not rely on any other information.
More importantly, and ideally, credit card balances would be paid off every month and you would not carry any balance. This would largely negate any perceived differences of most credit cards.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.