Can my employer pay on top of what I get for short-term disability?

Tips and Deals Forums Home Insurance Can my employer pay on top of what I get for short-term disability?

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Anonymous 6 years, 10 months ago.

• Author

Anonymous

Last week I had an emergency appendectomy and missed 4 days of work. I am covered by short-term disability, but do not want to take a pay cut. The short-term disability would pay 60% of my pay, but is capped at an amount below 50% of my weekly pay.

My goal is to not take a pay cut, and the one sure way of doing this is to use 4 of my vacation days (I only get 10) for the missed days. However, if I file for short-term disability, can my company make up the difference in pay by using 1-2 of my vacation days? The HR manager is waiting a call back from our insurance agent regarding this, but I thought I might get a quicker answer here.

The surgeon wrote me an excuse note through Wednesday, but said I could return earlier. I am currently back at work, I am not feeling so hot, but don’t want to go home if it means using a partial vacation day. There’s a way to claim the short-term disability if I come back part time, which I was planning on doing, but I want to make sure that me working a full day today won’t jeopordize me from claiming short-term disability for Tues-Fri of last week.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register New Account
Reset Password