Can I use a Credit Counseling Service after debts are charged off?

Tips and Deals Forums Debt Management Debt Management Can I use a Credit Counseling Service after debts are charged off?

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Anonymous 7 years, 11 months ago.

• Author

Anonymous

I havent paid my bills in like a year. My credit report says they’re charged off as a bad debt, and there are 3rd parties trying to collect on the debts. I have come into steady income and I would like to repay the debts. The 3rd party collectors want lump sum settlements and don’t want payments. Can I use a consumer credit counceling service to setup a payment plan to pay these debts off? Or is it too late for that? I was considering a chapter 13 to get everything straightened up and on plan, but my coworkers think that’s a bad idea since I will not be saving any money from the chapter 13 as far as my financial numbers work out. (disposable income vs total debt after 5 years of payments).

I think one of my creditors (discover) may be preparing to sue me. They issued a complaint to a local courthouse, but the sherrif hasn’t been able to track me down to serve the papers yet.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register New Account
Reset Password