Can I put a XP OS for a Dell Dimension E521 on an older XP home thats an emachine?

Tips and Deals Forums Buying Your Home Buying Your Home Can I put a XP OS for a Dell Dimension E521 on an older XP home thats an emachine?

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Anonymous 6 years, 9 months ago.

• Author

Anonymous

Heres the deal: comp 1)-XP HOME- in my room and an older computer. its the emachine and it sucks and it is TOTALLED!!!!!! I know because I’m OK at comps.
    Comp 2) in dads room and is pretty new and has a XP (i think home ? not really sure- o ok yea it is – just checked) OS. I have the Install cd for it and am wondering if I can use the new OS CD on my old emachine. I dont care about the files on my emachine. Also!- Forget sys restore on the emachine because its so f*@$ ed up you can’t do it ok? If you would tell me also (if it is possible) how to do the installation and if its any different with the difference in comps.
    SO ANSWER!
    A)IS it possible?
    B)IF IT IS, THEN PLZ GUIDE ME THROUGH installation.
    C) IF ITS NOT THEN TELL ME HOW ELSE (EXCLUDING BUYING A NEW CD) THAT I COULD RESTORE MY OLD EMACHINE SO I CAN USE IT.

PS: the reason I can’t use my old emachine is that it is SLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW. and the mouse won’t work and all of my text files areinanunreadableformat.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register New Account
Reset Password