Can I be sued for being the owner of the house?

Tips and Deals Forums Home Insurance Can I be sued for being the owner of the house?

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Anonymous 8 years ago.

• Author

Anonymous

I have a house that I own. I pay the mortgage. I have a property manager who handles the tenants that move in and deal with any problems of the house. Now I never have spoken to the tenant or even met her. My property manager went to jail for the past 90 days. So his mom took over the role of a property manager and to speak to the tenant about collection rent and fix issues of the house. Now the tenant is taking my property manager to court and his mom to court and me as well. Even though I never met the woman (The tenant). Anway the reason she is taking all three of us to court was cause of an ORAL aggreement between the orginal property manager and the tenant. I have not been served papers yet, I live in a diff county. But my name is on there papers. I assume I will be served papers soon. (most likely by mail). The tenant also states that she should get her security deposit back even though she skipped out on the lease and trashed the place before she moved. She never gave a 30 day notice, instead it was I am leaving in two weeks. (no signed contract). her stuff was moved out and my 2nd property manager had the locks changed. Anyway the year lease that she signed does NOT have my name on the lease as owner of the house, instead it has my property manangers name. The house flooded by the water heater and few yrs ago and had 9,000 in damgae, everything was replaced but the tenant had no rental insurance to replace her property. She wants the property manager to pay her money for her belongings. Now she is suing all three of us for loss of property and some oral agreement that I know nothing about. What are the chances of winning this?
    I am not a Slum Lord. The house had new carpeting laid down, new cabinets, new drywall put in from the insurance company when the water heater exploded. The house was beautful inside. Now she trashed it, she is suing for her loss of property cause she had NO rental insurance and some ORAL agreement that I have no idea about.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register New Account
Reset Password