can an average credit score of 610 and really no outstanding debt get an

Tips and Deals Forums Improving Your Credit Score can an average credit score of 610 and really no outstanding debt get an

Tagged: 

This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 7 years, 6 months ago.

• Author

Anonymous

unsecured credit card? also does it hurt my credit or help me when i get a card? i only have a secured one that ive been great on for 3 years and a car loan that was never late and pay more towards principal. ive been trying to repair my credit and im wondering if now i can get an unsecured card now that everything is pretty much better?

Anonymous

Stop, before you listen to these other guys. I have been working on my credit for a year. A score of 610 is not bad, it’s just not a the high end of th totem pole, but it will get you mainstream credit without having to get a SECURED CARD!

I have an orchard bank card….I got this 4 months after bankruptcy so I know they should either give you a much higher credit limit than $300. or you should try applying with other entities. Try a credit union. Credit unions offer the lowest rates, good friendly service, etc. They also give more personal attention and are willing to extend themselves to you more.

It will not Hurt your credit to get another card as long as you don’t have to many. You will need to have a retail card, a visa or mastercard, revolving loan (car) and perhaps a mortagage -these cover the major things that FICO looks at when scoring you other than how long you’ve had accounts and paying on time.

Check out Stephen Snyder…he helps alot of folks after bankruptcy, but overall he has the inside information on how to buy a car, mortgage and which credit cards offers better deals. Google him….

Good luck.. Let me know how this turns out for you!

Anonymous

You must have had a serious credit problem not too long ago or you credit rating would be higher. Get you credit history from Equifax or similar agency there may be items on your record that should have been corrected. Maybe another method would be to apply for a refund on the security you deposited on your secured credit card.

Anonymous

Try orchardbank.com

Anonymous

for 36 months they will eat about 780 in intereste rate.

Anonymous

The formula for this is actually about half a page and is really a little extreme to do on a regular calculator. Look at a financial calculator.

Anonymous

We all have a computer generated report we use. Call your bank or have the salesman show it to you. Rates fluctuate and are not soo much set by the seller.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register New Account
Reset Password