Can a credit card sit with no balance still help raise your credit score?

Tips and Deals Forums Consumer Credit Improve Credit Can a credit card sit with no balance still help raise your credit score?

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

My largest credit card is raising my interest rate in 3 months. It’s going to go from 15% to 22%. I called to contest this and they said with the times 7/10 customers rates are going up or something. I would like to pay this card off, and lock it away so I don’t spend anything on the card. I know spending on it and paying it off every month would be the best way, but I don’t even want to take the chance with this outrageous interest rate.

I was wondering if I lock it away, and just leave the account open, and not spend on the card at all, would that help my credit score, or will it have no effect on it. If there’s no effect, I will just close the account. I’m 19 and just started establishing my credit not too long ago, so I know my rates will not be great, but I don’t want to ruin my credit and I don’t think 22% is really acceptable to me. It was 15% and that’s a big difference.

Thanks in advance and I will appreciate any knowledgable answers about this! Also, if anyone has any helpful tips for me, feel free to share…nicely!

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Register New Account
Reset Password