Best time to pay my credit card payment…leave small balance for statement?

Tips and Deals Forums Consumer Credit Credit Cards Best time to pay my credit card payment…leave small balance for statement?

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  pergenbmanumcomp 7 years, 11 months ago.

• Author

Got a question about debt to credit utilization.

My due date on one of my credit cards($500 limit) is on the 12th. I use it to rebuild credit. Anyways, my due date is on the 12th and my statement is on the 15th of every month.

I always pay in full by the due date, but I’ve heard I should be keeping a small balance so it can be reported to the credit bureaus for use(around 7% of credit limit). I also read that the credit bureaus only check what the balance is on the statement, so anything charged and payed off before then technically looks like there is no credit card usage. I’ve noticed my statement date comes a few days after the due date. Should I be charging something small in between the 12th and 15th, so the statement reports a balance?

…What is your guys’ monthly paying habits? Best way to help credit score? Thanks!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register New Account
Reset Password