Asking a doctor about a higher dosage with medications?

Tips and Deals Forums Home Insurance Asking a doctor about a higher dosage with medications?

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Anonymous 7 years, 5 months ago.

• Author

Anonymous

I am seeing a new doc for about 2 months now, and he has prescribed me xanax because i told him

about my axaxety and panic attacks. The past doc i was seeing was percribing me that ( i don’t see

the previous doc because change of insurance ). So i told the new doc what i was percribed. 0.5mg of xanax.

I feel like its not working like it was working in the beginning but i guess i built up a tolerance to it. Yesterday i felt a panic attack coming on and i

took 2mg’s witch i usually do take daily but forgot to, when i took my 2mg dosage i felt alot better.. I don’t tell my doc that i take 2mg’s daily because i don’t

want him to think that i am addicted or abusing the drug witch i am not by a long shot.

I am being prescribed right now 0.5mg’s of Xanax 60qty. I have a appointment with

him tomorrow and i want to tell him to percribe me 2mg’s of Xanax instead of my normal dosage 0.5.

or perhaps 3mg’s of xanax once a day. I am just very worried that he will cut me off because i am

asking for a higher doasge compared to 0.5 to 2 or 3mg’s. I do have bad panic attacks and like i said i

am worried he will stop giving it to me and suspect i am a drug user with i am not by a long shot.

i understand it’s highy addictive but i experimented with other medications and found this is the only

one that works very well with me. How can i go about telling my doc to up my dosage without being

suspected of be a drug user or distributor . Now i am getting very worried and nervous. :'(

Any advise by a doctor or someone in the same type of situation would help me alot on how to approach the topic. Thank you

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register New Account
Reset Password