Are there legal ramifications for being paid to market, advertise and show a home for sale by owner?

Tips and Deals Forums Buying Your Home Buying Your Home Are there legal ramifications for being paid to market, advertise and show a home for sale by owner?

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Anonymous 7 years, 4 months ago.

• Author

Anonymous

I am a former real estate agent (my license is expired now) and I have been helping a family friend to advertise, market and show their house for sale by owner. When the house sells they will pay me a small commission for my work. I am not drawing up their paperwork, just doing the marketing side and then passing buyers on to the seller. I have not presented myself as a real estate agent and everything has been dubbed “for sale by owner” from the newspapers ads to the signs outside the house. I’m wondering if there are any legal ramifications for what I’m doing. I live in a very small town and several other for-sale-owner sellers have asked me to market their homes so I need to make sure this is not going to give me any legal problems if I pursue.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register New Account
Reset Password