Applying for a Credit Card with my Bank?

Tips and Deals Forums Consumer Credit Credit Cards Applying for a Credit Card with my Bank?

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Anonymous 7 years, 9 months ago.

• Author

Anonymous

I am 18 years old and I want to apply for a credit card through my bank (Laurentian Bank of Canada). I want to apply for the Visa Black card which has a minimum limit of $1,000. I have been with my bank for over 2 years now and I have been getting direct deposits in my bank account every 2 weeks for the past 6 months equaling to around $1000 per month and always paying any over draft fees. I do not want to get a secured credit card to build up my credit. I just want to be approved for this card which will help me build my credit. This is going to be my first credit card and I have never taken a loan or anything before so I have no credit history. I was wondering what the odds are of me being approved for this card with no credit history? I would assume that I have better chances since it is through my bank that I have been with for over 2 years now and I have a balance in my bank of a couple hundred.. I also have a family member (My sister) who is with the same bank as me and she has had the card that I am applying for in good standing for over a year now.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register New Account
Reset Password