- This topic has 4 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 8 years, 8 months ago by Anonymous.
- May 15, 2011 at 2:46 am #214642AnonymousInactive
I’m an 18 year college student. never owned a credit card but have had a bank account and debit card for about 6 months now.
as a college student i know there are many cards geared towards me with many free goodies. i’d really like a card that provides flyer miles. any card that can do this and i can get?
ive never owned a credit card so im sure i have no credit.
where can i search for good cards online that provide great bonuses and i can attain?
- May 17, 2011 at 12:55 pm #279501AnonymousInactive
Consider a secured card. You put money into the account that will help boost your credit. Only YOU and the issuing bank will know it is secured with your own money. That’s a good way to build credit without going into debt. As a student, you will have to be very cautious about going into too much debt at a young age. Consider applying for a gas card if you have a car or a department store card if you don’t but don’t go racking up charges just because you have the card. Save the need for credit for car, home, and long term needs rather than short term wants. Your best source for unbiased credit card information is Bankrate.com:
- June 9, 2011 at 11:51 am #287467AnonymousInactive
Crawl before you walk. Try a jewelry store, a national brand name. Buy something on time and get a line of credit. Then you’re on your way to debt.
- June 12, 2011 at 6:13 am #288552AnonymousInactive
get an orchard credit card.. do a google search for it. it may not offer miles, but after having it for about 6mons, you should have established enough credit to get a another one w/mile rewards
- September 19, 2011 at 3:40 am #290891AnonymousInactive
If you are a college student then you should get card offers all the time
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.